· 5 Tools Everyone in the Blog Industry Should Be Using
· 7 Things About the Internet your Boss Wants to Know
· What Will Ideas Be Like in 100 Years?
· The Ultimate Cheat Sheet on Blogs
· Miley Cyrus and the Internet: 10 Surprising Things They Have in Common
Another option to spice up your blog and to gain more traffic is to host guest bloggers. As an author, I have fellow author friends and have a variety of guests on my blog schedule. However, what do you do when you don’t have a barrel of prospects to pick from? My Blog Guest is a great free resource to sign up for. The registration process is simple. Once you log on, you can list the types of blog posts you’re seeking and also search the database or visit the forum. This service benefits bloggers searching for guest blog opportunities as well as blog owners who need to find guest bloggers. The benefits of this service for blog owners are:
· Free exclusive content
· Free targeted traffic
· Networking opportunities
· Get a fresh perspective
If you enjoy utilizing reference books, check out the following helpful free ebook download. 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts – is a book written by Bryan Cohen which provides helpful ideas for blogs, scripts and stories. Mr. Cohen is offering a free download of this book at his site. Click the link above to download.
Jill Whalen, an SEO consultant, provides 67 Blog Ideas for those bloggers seeking more creative blog topics. I checked out her ideas and here are my Top 5 Favorites from her list:
- Show your expertise on a subject in your field
- Interview industry experts in your field
- Write an expose on negative news in your industry
- Post reader polls, quizzes or tests
- Hold a contest and ask readers to send in a creative video
- Lists – Readers love lists and that is a sure way to draw traffic. Create a Top 10 List or your Top 5 Favorite Social Media Resources etc.
- How-to – Blogs providing instructions on how to do something also generate traffic. People search the Internet every day seeking information on how to do certain things.
- Reviews – Do you enjoy reading? Start writing reviews on your favorite books. We all use products each day. You can start writing reviews on various products you use, restaurants you frequent, movies you see, music you listen to.